For any athlete, injuries happen. Learn the specialist skills and knowledge to manage an athlete's rehabilitation and recovery. Play a part in athlete's reaching their peak performance.
Why study with us
- Hone your skills on placement. Choose from premier league or championship football clubs, National Rugby or Super League Rugby Clubs. You'll also be able to choose from a range of other sports and clinical environments.
- Ranked 2nd in the North West for Graduate Prospect Outcomes in Sport Science - Good University Guide 2023.
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West and the top 5 nationally for Student Satisfaction in Sports Science - Good University Guide 2023.
Sports therapy degree
- You’ll study a range of modules designed with the support of the Society of Sports Therapists (SST). When you graduate you can become a full member.
- Throughout your studies, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities. These facilities will help you put theory into practice, helping injured athletes return to competitive sport.
- As part of your studies, you’ll gain an external qualification for FA Pitch side First Aid Qualification. This is alongside a VTCT Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy qualification.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Following an eleven year career working in professional football, Dan made the transition as a full time lecturer on the Sports Therapy Degree. With vast applied experience in Sports Science and Strength and conditioning in the field, Dan brings these contemporary qualities to th…
- This course has been designed with the support of its accrediting body, the SST, the lead organisation for Sports Therapists in the UK. On graduation you will be eligible for full membership of the organisation.
What can you do with a degree in sports therapy?
Our Sport Therapy BSc (Hons) degree programme is shaped around your future. You'll learn the specialist knowledge, practical skills and vital experience to get you ready for professional practice.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page