Why study with us
- Hone your skills on placement with premier league or championship football clubs, National Rugby or Super League Rugby Clubs, or in a range of other sports and clinical environments.
- Ranked 2nd in the North West for Graduate Prospect Outcomes in Sport Science - Good University Guide 2023.
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West and the top 5 nationally for Student Satisfaction in Sports Science - Good University Guide 2023.
What you'll do
- You’ll study a range of modules designed with the support of the Society of Sports Therapists (SST) so that, when you graduate, you can become a full member.
- Throughout your studies, you’ll work with state-of-the-art facilities, giving you the chance to put the theory into practice, helping injured athletes in their return to competitive sport.
- As part of your studies, you’ll gain an external qualification for FA Pitch side First Aid Qualification, together with a VTCT Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy qualification.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been designed with the support of its accrediting body, the SST, the lead organisation for Sports Therapists in the UK. On graduation you will be eligible for full membership of the organisation.
Our Sport Therapy BSc (Hons) degree programme is shaped around your future, offering the specialist knowledge, practical skills and vital experience to get you ready for professional practice.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page