Sports Physiology Laboratory
A fully functional Sports Physiology Laboratory used by both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students for teaching and research across Sport and Exercise Science, Strength and Conditioning and Nutrition Courses.
Furnished with world class equipment and sessions delivered by highly experienced academic staff. This is an environment to put theory into practice and hone lab-based skills.
Our Sports Physiology Laboratory has world class equipment used in physiological teaching, research and physical assessments. This facility tests populations ranging from chronically ill individuals to disabled athletes, elite cyclists and other specialist populations. The Physiology Laboratory is situated on the ground floor of Darwin Building, located closely to the Nutrition and Health Laboratory, Strength and Conditioning Laboratory and Biomechanics Laboratory.
This ensures the area is always a hive of activity with teaching and research.
- Cortex Metalyzer 3B; Cortex Metamax 3B
- hp Cosmos Pulsar Treadmill
- hp Cosmos Quasar Treadmill
- WattBike Pros
- Fitmate Pro O2 Analyser
- FLIR Heat Gun; Hypoxicator
- Concept 2 Rowing Machines
- Lode Excalibur Sport Cycle
- Lode Recumbent Cycle Ergometer
- Servomex Gas Analyser + Harvard Dry Gas Meter; Douglas Bags
- ANT + Heart Rate Monitors; Osmocheck Urine Analysis Unit
- Lactate Pro 2; Prima Multicare
- Freestyle Ketone Meter; iWorx Kits
- Hemocue Hb 201+ System; Micromedical Spirometer
- Pulse Oximeters; Fusion Sport Timing System + Jump Mat
- Braun Thermoscan 7 Ear Thermometers
- NIRO Near Infrared Oxygenation Monitor
- Catapult GPS, Biometrics EMG
Days & times to be confirmed as of yet due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Individualised tests administered to outside athletes or members of the public can be booked through our Consultancy service at a predetermined cost (www.uclansens.co.uk).
The Sports Physiology Laboratory can be found in 026 of the Darwin BuildingGeneral Enquiry