Our Sport & Exercise Science Foundation Entry degree course teaches you how sporting performance can be improved so you can help people achieve their potential.
Why study with us
- You’ll be studying physiology, psychology and biomechanics within a sport and exercise context.
- Our Essential Study Skills for Lifelong Learning module will get you fully prepared for degree-level study.
- You’ll have access to excellent laboratory and sport and exercise facilities.
A day in the life of a Sport and Exercise Sciences student
What you'll do
- You’ll develop skills and knowledge that will help you with further academic and vocational training and in subsequent employment.
- Your course team are research active and have a wealth of experience.
- Successful completion of your Foundation Entry Year means you’ll automatically progress onto Stage 1 of the degree programme.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Meet the team
Stephanie is the academic team leader for Sport, Nutrition and Clinical Sciences and Course Leader for Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. Stephanie is a Nutritional Biochemist with a PhD in Clinical Biochemistry with an interest in dietary micronutrients and antioxidants in health…
Mark teaches across a range of subjects for our sport and exercise science team. In recognition to his contributions to teaching, Mark is a National Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. With particular expertise in strength and conditioning, Mark is a also UKSCA Acc…
View the course facilities
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
Our Sport and Exercise Science Foundation Entry degree can lead to a career as a sports scientist, performance consultant, or even research and teaching.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page