Sport & Exercise Science (Foundation Entry)
Our Sport & Exercise Science Foundation Entry degree course teaches you how sporting performance can be improved so you can help people achieve their potential.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an honours programme. It’s a great stepping stone to a full degree.
You’ll be assigned an Academic Adviser who’ll give you additional academic advice and support during the year. They’ll be able to help you realise your potential.
Why study with us
- You’ll be studying physiology, psychology and biomechanics within a sport and exercise context.
- Our Essential Study Skills for Lifelong Learning module will get you fully prepared for degree-level study.
- You’ll have access to excellent laboratory and sport and exercise facilities.
What you'll do
- You’ll develop skills and knowledge that will help you with further academic and vocational training and in subsequent employment.
- Your course team are research active and have a wealth of experience.
- Successful completion of your Foundation Entry Year means you’ll automatically progress onto Stage 1 of the degree programme.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
Our Sport and Exercise Science Foundation Entry degree can lead to a career as a sports scientist, performance consultant, or even research and teaching.
Our graduates work in leisure companies, health and fitness clubs, hotels, outdoor pursuits centres, retail and commercial organisations.
You could also work for local authorities, further and higher education institutions, schools, and the NHS.
You could also take up roles with sports governing bodies, Sport England, charitable trusts, sports clubs, and the armed services and police.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page