Operating Department Practice
Seeking a rewarding career as a key member of a surgical team in the operating department? This BSc Operating Department Practice degree is for you.
Why study with us
- You’ll have access to our state-of-the-art clinical skills and anatomy laboratories.
- Topics you’ll study include the anaesthetic, surgical and recovery phases of Operating Department Practice, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, embedding change and leadership and management in the perioperative environment.
- Once you graduate, you’ll be able to work in operating departments and be eligible to apply for statutory registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
What you'll do
- You’ll develop your career, enhance your knowledge and skills, and gain an academic qualification.
- Clinical placements are provided in NHS Trusts to enhance your personal and professional development.
- University and staff and services provide an excellent level of support for you on this course to allow you to succeed in your studies.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
With a BSc in Operating Department Practice you could work as an ODP in an NHS Trust or private healthcare provider in the UK.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page