If you like variety and would like to work in emergency and unscheduled care, then our BSc Paramedic Science is for you. Learn how to be a paramedic on this well-established course.
Why study with us
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West for student satisfaction - Good University Guide 2023.
- This course is delivered in collaboration with the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) and all of our lecturers are either qualified paramedics or specialists in emergency care.
- After graduating you will be eligible to register as a paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Hannaa Campbell and Kiera Fletcher - BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
What you'll do
- The course offers you the chance to develop a wide range of clinical skills each year, underpinned by theoretical knowledge. The focus is on the out-of-hospital emergency care and primary care settings.
- You’ll study a range of clinical scenarios found in the out-of-hospital setting and gain knowledge, clinical skills and behaviours for patient assessment, and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- You’ll also be preparing for clinical practice where you’ll be supported and supervised by a clinical practice educator.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited and endorsed by the College of Paramedics, the recognised professional body for paramedics and the ambulance profession in the UK. It represents its members in all matters affecting their clinical practice and supports them to achieve the highest standards of patient care.
- This course is accredited and endorsed by the HCPC regulatory body. The HCPC is a regulator of health and care professionals in the UK, approving programmes and setting the standards that individuals must meet in order to become a registered professional.
With a BSc in Paramedic Science you’ll be eligible to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and follow a career as a paramedic in the NHS.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page