Turn your passion in sport and exercise into a career. Develop an expert understanding of human movement. Explore the health benefits of exercise. Discover the challenges of transforming elite athletes into world champions.
Why study with us
- Ranked 2nd in the North West for Graduate Prospect Outcomes in Sport Science - Good University Guide 2023.
- Get taught by expert industry-active coaches, researchers and academics on this professional endorsed degree. Accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West and the top 5 nationally for Student Satisfaction in Sports Science - Good University Guide 2023.
A day in the life of a Sport and Exercise Sciences student
Sport and Exercise Science facilities
Studying Sport and Exercise Science
- You’ll take a multidisciplinary approach. You'll study a range of modules covering physiology, psychology and biomechanics.
- This course offers practical skills for various careers, including work with sports professionals. You'll develop professional abilities and gain valuable experience.
- You’ll have the option of achieving Level 2 and 3 industry recognised qualifications. This could be in Gym Instruction, Personal Training and Exercise Referral.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Sport and Exercise Sciences at UCLan
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
What can I do with a sport science degree?
Our Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons) degree programme will get you working. There is a strong vocational emphasis on the skills you’ll need for a rewarding career.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page