You’ll get an outstanding learning experience on our innovative and dynamic BSc in Occupational Therapy. It’s a great way to join a valued profession that’s all about enabling people.
Why study with us
- The course is based on exciting and innovative teaching, using technology, superb clinical skills facilities and interdisciplinary education.
- You’ll be taught in a small cohort with excellent tutor support.
- The course is timetabled to three days per week, giving you flexibility around your studies.
What you'll do
- You’ll hear first-hand how health conditions impact a person’s life through our COMENSUS facility (Community Engagement and Service User Support).
- You’ll be joining an occupational therapy community that’s shaping an exciting programme to meet the needs of ever-changing health and social care.
- In your final year, we’ll help you apply for jobs with mock interviews, CV development and producing a Continuing Professional Development portfolio.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the RCOT, the professional body for occupational therapists across the UK. After successfully completing this course you will be eligible to apply for initial registration as an Occupational Therapist with the RCOT.
- This course is accredited by the WFOT – the global voice for occupational therapy representing occupational therapists worldwide.
- This course is accredited and endorsed by the HCPC regulatory body. The HCPC is a regulator of health and care professionals in the UK, approving programmes and setting the standards that individuals must meet in order to become a registered professional.
Once registered, occupational therapists can apply for posts in a wide variety of settings - hospitals, GP practices, residential homes, social services, charities, schools and prisons.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page