This course provides the necessary training for international students to apply for NMC exams for registration in the UK. The BSc (Hons) Nursing top-up degree allows you to consider how nurses contribute to the local, global, and wider health and social care agendas.
Why study with us
- The course prepares you to undertake the NMC exams for International Nurses wishing to register as a qualified Nurse in the UK.
- The course will prepare you for further academic qualifications.
- The course team are here to provide personal support to all students. This includes all aspects of living in the UK, from accessing healthcare, to faith, and academic study support.
Nicky tells us about our Nursing courses
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
What you'll do
- Our course team includes NMC registered Nurses with a variety of clinical backgrounds. You'll develop your clinical skills and competencies in line with NMC proficiencies covering such skills as A to E assessment of the deteriorating patient. You'll also have study days for specific nursing interventions such as cardiac monitoring, drug administration, and venepuncture.
- The course will prepare you to undertake the NMC requirements for overseas nurses wishing to join the professional register. It will also provide a great foundation for further academic study.
- The assessment methods on the course are varied and comprise of OSCE’s, MCQ examinations, case studies and oral Viva’s.
Nursing course facilities
The Worldwise Learning Centre is open all year round. The centre offers support and professional development opportunities for students.
Our library is open 24 hours a day during term time providing flexible study spaces and excellent learning resources. As well as extensive nursing and educational information and access to course-specific librarians.
Our brand new Student Centre, at the heart of the campus, provides a huge range of services focused on you. From student support to vast social spaces, a café and meeting rooms, you'll find space to take a break, catch up with friends and access your support needs.
The course will prepare you to undertake the NMC requirements for overseas nurses wishing to join the professional register and acquire their pin number. It'll also provide a great foundation for further academic study.
If you're wishing to return to your own country, continuing to practice and develop your clinical skills will help maintain your clinical competencies whilst studying in the UK.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary