Take your career in healthcare to the next level with our FdSc Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship. You'll get the knowledge, skills, and behaviours necessary to be a compassionate healthcare worker.
Why study with us
- Our hybrid course offers flexible delivery both online and on campus. This means it's perfect for both local and national health and social care providers.
- Our specialist pathway modules offer the ultimate flexibility for learners and employers. Tailor the course to meet your needs.
- Gain advanced entry into a range of professional courses from nursing to physiotherapy. This helps your employer with future workforce planning.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is the Assistant Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship course for?
This course is for healthcare workers who want to progress their career to become an Assistant Practitioner (AP). You must work within the health and social care sector to study this Degree Apprenticeship.
Assistant Practitioners (APs) are healthcare professionals who work alongside registered healthcare professionals. They work to provide high-quality, person-centred care to individuals.
What you'll do
- Get exceptional support throughout the course. You'll have an academic support tutor and an apprenticeship-based educator.
- Our modules will give you real-world learning experience. We use practice-based case studies to help you apply your knowledge.
- Learn from our experienced academics and practitioners. They come from a range of health and social care specialties.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Future careers and job role
As an Assistant Practitioner you will assist in total patient assessment and coordinate care. You'll perform clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic activities. APs work in various settings. This includes rehabilitation, radiography and community mental health.
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- Successful graduates will have an increased ability and skill set within the sector. They will enhance your company’s reputation with external consumers, through investing in your own workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to develop your business and the leaders of tomorrow, while creating a more motivated and productive workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to succession plan, enabling specific skill sets to be retained within your organisation.