By taking our programme you’ll become a leader in Sports Medicine. We’ll teach you evidence-based practice to deliver safe and effective care to those engaging in sport.
Why study with us
- Our course is flexible and it’s been developed with feedback from clinical partners and alumni.
- You’ll be taught by staff and researchers who have worked in the field of Sports Medicine from grass roots sports to National team level.
- Study this programme full-time over 1 year or part-time over 2-5 years, and discuss flexible options with our course leader.
Manpreet talks about his time as Sports Medicine student
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- Lecturers from Medicine, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy and Sport, Exercise and Nutritional Sciences work concurrently to deliver our modules.
- You’ll have access to facilities from the School of Medicine, the divisions of Sports and Health Sciences, as well as the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre and the UCLan Sports Arena.
- Optional modules include Injection Therapy or Concussion; two modules unique to our course which will allow you to develop specialist skills.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Our programme will enable you to pursue a career in Sports Medicine, or continue with your education.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page