Study this postgraduate certificate and upskill to become a leader in Adolescent Sports Medicine. We’ll teach you evidence-based practice to deliver safe and effective care to young athletes engaging in sport.
Why study with us
- Our course has been developed with feedback from clinical partners and alumni.
- You’ll be taught by applied and research-leading industry experts who currently work in the field of Sports Medicine from grass roots sports to National team youth level.
- Study this programme part-time with options to complete within 12-36 months. You can discuss these flexible options with our course leader.
What you'll do
- Learn from lecturers from Medicine, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy and Sport, Exercise and Nutritional Sciences who work concurrently to deliver our modules.
- You’ll have access to facilities from the School of Medicine, the divisions of Sports and Health Sciences, as well as the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre and the UCLan Sports Arena.
- Have the opportunity to study optional modules including Work Based Learning or Trauma & Emergency Medical Management in Sport (TEMMiS); two modules particular to our Postgraduate Sports Medicine courses which will allow you to develop specialist skills suited for your needs.
Gallery01 / 04
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Our PGCert in Adolescent Sports Medicine will enable you to pursue a career in this field from grass roots sport to professional sport organisations.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page