Read our guidance on how copyright applies to our website and associated materials and content.

Website content

All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages (including, but not limited to, the UCLan logo, and all text, layout, graphics, video, audio, downloads and HTML/CSS/JavaScript code) are owned or controlled for these purposes by the University of Central Lancashire unless otherwise stated.

Our University web pages may or may not contain links to many external web sites which are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for and has no control over these sites. Links to external sites should not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of the external site's content, information, products and/or services.

In accessing our web pages at, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use. The material on these web pages should not be used, copied, stored or transmitted outside the University network without the prior written consent of the University of Central Lancashire or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

Applications for written consent should be made to the copyright holder. If it is not apparent who the copyright holder is, please email us.

Using our trademarks

Our logo and names University of Central Lancashire and UCLan are our registered trademarks and should not be used without express permission. Requests to use our University logo should be emailed to our Brand Team.

Copyright licenses

The University copyright service can advise on our copyright licences, as well as offering a range of educational copyright extensions. The University holds the following copyright licences:

  • Copyright Licensing Agency: The licence covers copying from books, magazines, journals and websites. The licence provides annual blanket permissions to copy and reuse content from print and digital publications.
  • Newspaper Licensing Agency: Covers copying from regional and national newspapers. CLA is the exclusive provider of UK education licences for NLA media access.
  • Educational Recordings Agency: The ERA Licensing Scheme provides a single point of clearance for all rights necessary for educational establishments to create and use resources obtained from broadcast materials whether on television or radio.
  • Box of Broadcasts (BoB): On demand TV and Radio for Education.

Contact the copyright team via email for further information.