Sports Therapy (Foundation Entry)
Learn about the theory and practice of care, management and rehabilitation on our Sports Therapy Foundation Entry degree.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an honours programme. It’s a great stepping stone to a full degree.
All our degree courses are underpinned by high quality research as well as placement opportunities with leading sports organisations, from Super League and national rugby clubs to Premier League football clubs across the country.
Why study with us
- The course brings together the fields of physiology, psychology, pathology and exercise rehabilitation.
- You’ll learn about getting people back to fitness and functionality after a sporting injury.
- You’ll also gain experience of the role of massage and sports specific exercise as therapeutic components of a rehabilitation programme.
What you'll do
- You’ll have access to our student-led Sports Therapy Clinic, a fully-functional injury clinic with a movement analysis lab for patient rehabilitation.
- You’ll learn from a course team of professional therapists and academics from a range of backgrounds with experience from grass root sport to the Olympic stage.
- The programme offers work experience, research internships, participation in research conferences.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- This course has been designed with the support of its accrediting body, the SST, the lead organisation for Sports Therapists in the UK. On graduation you will be eligible for full membership of the organisation.
On completion of the four-year Sports Therapy programme, you’ll be a well-rounded practitioner able to help athletes return to full fitness.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page