Personality Disorder (Practice Development)
Our innovative Personality Disorder programmes shed light on a complex area for the mental health professional. You’ll enhance your understanding and practice and be able to provide leadership in the development and planning of services to benefit users.
Why study with us
- The course content reflects the need to develop evidence-based practice giving you an insight into the main issues of personality disorder.
- Course content is delivered by practitioners with expertise in this field, and includes input from experts by experience, experts by occupation, and established researchers in the field of personality disorder.
What you'll do
- You’ll learn about classification and nosology and models and theories of personality disorder as well as explore ideological, ethical, and philosophical issues.
- You'll gain understanding of assessment processes and management as well as studying team working and communication and therapeutic environments and interventions.
- You’ll also be critiquing research and looking at service development and design.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Many academics are research and clinically active, and have strong links with local NHS Trusts (particularly Lancashire and South Cumbria Foundation NHS Trust, Mersey Care Foundation NHS Trust).
Students who successfully complete this course could continue their studies in the form of a PhD or Professional Doctorate.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Nursing located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page