Yvonne has been with UCLan since 2003, initially as a Lecturer within the post registration field of nursing before becoming a Senior lecturer 2003. Whilst at UCLan Yvonne has been responsible for module leadership, Cohort leadership, renal course leader and Year one leadership. Yvonne’s nursing career began in Manchester in 1989 working in Medical/Renal care before specialising in renal care/renal transplantation in 1995.
Yvonne is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing and currently has responsibility for recruitment into the adult nursing BSc programme. This involves weekly interviewing/recruitment events.Yvonne also teaches across a variety of pre-registration nursing modules on the BSc course as well as her Academic Advisor and Academic Assessor roles. In addition, Yvonne is also responsible for a variety of areas within clinical practice and undertakes the role of Link Lecturer supporting students in practice.
Yvonne is an experienced renal nurse having worked within renal medicine, renal dialysis and renal transplantation before joining UCLan in 2003. Yvonne has a wealth of teaching and learning experience to date. Yvonne loves to support and mentor others who are new to teaching. Yvonne completed her MEd in Education in 2016 and has a particular interest in student nurses experiences of mentors in clinical practice. Yvonne is an experienced academic advisor and loves to support student nurses throughout their educational journey.
- MEd in Education 2016, PGCert 2003, BSc in Nursing 1992, Registered Nurse (Adult) 1992, Renal Nurse Qualification/specialism 1995
- Registered Nurse Tutor 2014
- National Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) 2014
- Yvonne has presented at conferences internal and external and has a published abstract 'Dialysing the elderly; benefit or burden', Yvonne was awarded for this abstract 'the best UK submitted abstract' that year and won a £500 scholarship.
- Yvonne has won the ‘Most Supportive Staff Award ’ internally voted for by fellow colleagues and has been nominated for the University Stars 2016. Yvonne has also received 3 'We Heart You' awards voted for by students.
- Yvonne's interests include health, wellbeing and mindfulness as well as walking her dog.
- Yvonne's passion lies within teaching and learning and supporting others, Yvonne keeps abreast of renal care/renal transplantation nursing and reviews articles within this field quarterly.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) member
- Unison member