Angela joined the University of Central Lancashire in January 2016. Angela currently teaches across a range of subjects on both the pre-registration nursing and trainee nursing associate programmes. Angela is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. She currently leads on the first year module for the trainee nursing associate programme.
Angela is the Academic Assessor for a number of clinical placements, this part of her role includes liaising with clinical nursing colleagues in order to assess the competence of nursing students. As an Academic Advisor Angela supports a number of students throughout their three year nursing degree programme.
Angela qualified as a RGN in 1993 at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. Prior to joining the team at UCLan she has worked on a general surgery unit and the accident & emergency department before qualifying as a specialist practitioner in public health and working as a school nurse. Angela qualified as a practice teacher for school nursing students out in the community in 2013.
- Fellow of the Academy of Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- BSc (Hons) in Community Nursing Specialist Practitioner – School Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, 2005
- Postgraduate Certificate Practice Teaching, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- Dip HE – Accident & Emergency Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, 2004
- RN Blackpool School of Nursing 1993
- NU1901 - Society, Health and Nursing Associate Care
- Registered with the NMC - RGN, SCPHN (SN)