Sheena qualified as a Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) in 2000 and has had experience working on Acute Surgical Assessments units, surgical wards (Colorectal and Vascular) at Preston and Blackpool hospitals. | Sheena joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2017 as a Nurse Educator. Sheena's current role is a Lecturer in Nursing (Adult) at UCLan. Sheena has had nearly 10 years of experience as an Infection Prevention and Control Nurse between 2008-2017, working mainly within the acute setting at Blackpool Teaching Hospital, and also worked for the Local Authority/community setting supporting the Clinical Commissioning Groups and the Care Homes/General Practice Lancashire wide.
Sheena provides teaching and learning opportunities for BSc/MSc Pre/Post Registration Nursing students, as part of the supportive team of staff within the School of Nursing at the University of Central Lancashire.
Sheena's roles and responsibilities on joining the University of Central Lancashire as a Nurse Educator focused upon small group teaching, supporting delivery of modules on the BSc Pre-Registration Nursing degree programme, facilitating clinical skills drop in sessions to support students educational clinical activities. Sheena has developed personally and academically through progression into a Lecturer role. Responsibilities include Academic Advisor for two home groups of students, Deputy Module Leader (NU1009 Fundamentals of Nursing first Year Module), then Module Leader (Nu3370 Nursing Practice 3 - third year module).
- M.Sc. Nursing, University of Central Lancashire 2017
- PG Cert. Ed. (Post compulsory) University of Central Lancashire, 2010
- Registered Mentor, Blackpool teaching hospitals, 2012-2015
- Management of Infection Prevention & Control Service Level 7, Manchester University, 2009
- NVQ Level 4 Learning & Development, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals, 2006
- B.Sc. Nursing Studies, University of Central Lancashire, 2004
- NVQ A1 award, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals, 2004
- ENB Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice, University of Central Lancashire, 2002
- Dip HE Nursing- Adult Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, 2000
- Infection Prevention Society Member
- Nursing & Midwifery Council PIN No: 97C0756E
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, fellowship reference number: PR160557 Date of Recognition 01/02/19
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy Recognition reference: PR180716 Date of recognition 14/02/2020