Jayne teaches across the Pre Registration curriculum for Nursing. Her background is in Children's and Specialist Community Public Health Nursing. Jayne is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Jayne is a lecturer within the Children's Pre Registration nursing team at the University of Central Lancashire. She joined the team as a lecturer at the University in 2017 and has been involved in curriculum planning and development, alongside module leadership, academic advising and maintaining links with clinical practice.
Jayne has been a registered Children's nurse since 1998 and has worked in both general paediatrics and community nursing. She completed the BSc (Hons) Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) in 2005 and practiced as a School Nurse for 12 years before taking up her current post at the University of Central Lancashire. Prior to this, Jayne had completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Practice Teaching at UCLAN and worked as practice Teacher, along side her school nurse role. She had responsibility for SCPHN students as well as a leadership role within staff development. Since joining the university Jayne has completed a post Graduate certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education gaining fellowship of the HEA.
- PGCert LTHE, UCLAN, 2020
- PGCert Practice Teacher, UCLAN, 2012
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Community Public Health Nursing, UCLAN, 2005
- DipHE Children's Nursing, Salford University, 1998
- NU1301 - Society, Health and Nursing Care
- NU2376 - Essentials of Children's Nursing 1
- NU2377 - Essentials of Children's Nursing 2
- NU3373 - Research and Innovation for Nursing Practice
- Safeguarding Children
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Public Health Nursing and School aged Children
- Nursing and Midwifery Council