Looking to sponsor or employ a degree apprentice? We are the number one choice for apprenticeships and professional development. We’re leading the way in modern learning, with cutting-edge courses which combine academic excellence with real-world learning.
We offer a wide range of higher and degree apprenticeships which will enable employees to gain the skills and experience that today’s industry needs, through an educational programme devised by the employer, the learner and in collaboration with us here at the University.
Benefits to business
Apprenticeships have many benefits to offer you and your business. By supporting a new or existing employee through an apprenticeship, your business will benefit from developing a highly skilled individual who possesses both the academic qualifications and the relevant on-the-job experience they need to deliver growth, fresh ideas and innovation for your organisation.
- A unique environment to upskill and grow your employees.
- You can fill your skills gap by investing in your employees. You will be influencing their career development through education and training to ensure a quality employee is working for your business.
- You can gain access to funding for your workforce development.
- The opportunity to grow, change and future proof your business with up-to-date tailored knowledge.
- You can enhance your business reputation by investing in your employees
- Boost your employees’ performance
- Bring new skills, ideas and methods into your company
- Courses informed by industry expertise and cutting-edge research
- Future-proof your business
- Equip your organisation to grow and thrive in tomorrow’s world
- Evolve your organisation to be at the forefront of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
The study leads to a valuable, industry-recognised qualification. There is also the opportunity to gain professional accreditation and memberships. The learner continues as a paid employee of your business whilst studying with us.
Learners who have been on a degree apprenticeship programme will bring fresh ideas and new ways of thinking into your workplace, enabling your business to grow, adapt and thrive.
We offer both Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
In 2017, Training 2000 became part of the University of Central Lancashire meaning that higher apprentices now have more direct routes to a Degree Apprenticeship. By combining our strengths with Training 2000, we are specialists in apprenticeship programmes aimed at enhancing business performance, increasing efficiency and enabling innovation.
A Higher Apprenticeship is a qualification at Level 4 or 5, while a Degree Apprenticeship is a full bachelor’s degree at Level 6. Our Degree Apprenticeships take between three and six years to complete (depending on the level of study). Each course is closely aligned with nationally recognised Apprenticeship Standards, which outline the skills and proficiencies learners will gain as well as the career path they will be qualified to follow after completion.
Higher and Degree Apprenticeship courses on offer
Our portfolio of Higher and Degree Apprenticeships is growing all the time. Together with Training 2000 we now offer a comprehensive range of apprenticeships - from Level 2 right through to Level 7, with clear pathways between qualifications.
Whatever level your employees are at, and whatever your business needs are, we’re the place to go for high quality training and development that will help your employees and your organisation to grow and develop.
Our standard start dates for Degree Apprenticeship programmes are January, March, May, September and November and our standard lead time required from initial discussions with your organisation to your employees starting an apprenticeship with us is usually three months prior from the course start date.
You can view our current courses we have to offer by searching below:
Why work with us?
We are one of the largest and most experienced providers of higher and degree apprenticeships in the North West and are committed to working with employers of all types and sizes to develop employees together. We enable people, irrespective of their background, to reach their full potential.
We actively engage with business eager to develop apprenticeships to up-skill and enhance their workforce. Those businesses include larger levy-paying employers and SMEs, with courses delivered on a local and national scale.
- We have more than 1,000 degree apprentices and offer 33 programmes from levels 5 to 7 to choose from. Areas include: building services, construction, digital, engineering, healthcare, legal, management, nuclear, policing and professional services.
- We have world-class teaching, learning, research, enterprise and innovation facilities including a £35m plus Engineering Innovation Centre.
- Our academics are specialists in their field through knowledge, skills, experience and competence
- We are currently working with over 3500 employers. These include high-profile employers, BAE Systems, Boohoo, BBC, Lancashire County Council, NHS, Leyland Trucks and Royal Mail.
- We can guide you through the process of Degree Apprenticeships.
Steve from First Trace Heating Ltd talks about the benefits of our Degree Apprenticeships
Whatever your size of business, contact us to discuss the possibilities for your organisation. Together we can develop an apprenticeship designed and tailored for your business needs.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 895500
The University of Central Lancashire uses subcontractors in certain subject areas where enhancements to teaching and learning for apprentices can be achieved by partnering with specialist providers. The University will also subcontract the delivery of English and Maths functional skills where an individual does not already hold or cannot demonstrate that they hold the qualifications in these subjects required by the ESFA funding rules.
Selection and procurement of subcontractors will be carried out in accordance with the University's Procurement Code. Where any element of the programme, including English and Maths, is subcontracted to the employer or another provider, they must be either a Main or Supporting Provider on ESFA’s register of Apprentice Training Providers or a registered Employer Provider.
The use of delivery subcontractors is agreed with employers prior to the commencement of the apprenticeship programme.
As the main provider of an apprenticeship, the University will provide governance and quality assurance for all delivery under the apprenticeship, including delivery by subcontractors. The approval and oversight of any apprenticeship subcontractors is managed via the University's existing quality management processes. All subcontractors have a contractual relationship with the University and are required to undergo rigorous quality assurance processes and remain compliant with the ESFA Apprenticeship Funding Rules. The contract between the University and the subcontractor provides transparency as to the costs of the subcontracted delivery and is available for review by the ESFA as required.
The University does not charge a management fee when subcontracting apprenticeship training provision.
The University declares subcontractor arrangements to the ESFA as required and where subcontracting activity exceeds £100,000 annually, the University will obtain an independent auditors’ report.