Associate Director, Centre for Collaborative Learning
Anna is Associate Director for the Centre for Collaborative Learning. Leading and developing services supporting the advancement of Learning and Teaching skills and practice for colleagues across UCLan, and the WISER Academic Skills Development Unit.
Previously she held Deputy Head of School (Students and Teaching) in the School of Nursing, and an Academic Development (Principal Lecturer) role in the School of Sport and Health Sciences. She is an Occupational Therapist and has worked clinically across health and social care sectors and for her professional body (the Royal College of Occupational Therapists), as Head of Education and Learning.
During her academic career she has been involved in the development, delivery and quality assurance of programmes for health and social care professions (particularly allied health). She has interests in curriculum design and development and in the professional development of academic staff.
Previous roles include Deputy Head of School of Nursing, with a remit for Students and Teaching, providing academic leadership within the School around curriculum (including learning and teaching) and the student experience. Anna has also been an Academic Development Lead for the School of Sport and Health Sciences (leading on quality, student experience, staff development and teaching and learning for the School) and Professional Lead for Occupational Therapy.
Anna is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Anna also has experience of working within her professional body (the Royal College of Occupational Therapists), as Head of Education and Learning. Providing strategic leadership for Occupational Therapy Education and Learning in the UK. Her roles included the development, enhancement and quality assurance of pre-registration Occupational Therapy education across the UK, as well as a remit for the promotion and development of continuous professional development opportunities for all members (who included professional, associate and student members). Anna has been involved in higher education since 2000, moving into the University sector after a clinical Occupational Therapy career. Within her clinical career she worked with a variety of client groups across health and social care. She has worked at Canterbury Christ Church University College, Coventry University and moved to UCLan in 2017. She has experience of working with both postgraduate and undergraduate students on a range of health and social care programmes and has a wide experience of quality assurance and curriculum development in the Sector for Health and Social Care subject areas.
- MSc Inter-Professional Health and Community Studies, Canterbury Christ Church University College, 2005
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education), Canterbury Christ Church University College, 2003
- PG Dip Occupational Therapy (LHMC) 1994
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Science, Coventry Polytechnic, 1991
- Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2015
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Staff Development
- Student Experience
- Associate Fellow of Staff and Educational Development Association
- External Examiner
- Accreditor for the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Professional Member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Member of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council