Tara's main teaching areas are Public Health and Emergency Care. She teaches on both Pre-registration and Post-Registration courses as well as supports students on the Advanced Clinical Practitioner Apprenticeship. Tara enjoys and facilitates clinical skills and simulation within the school. She currently holds an honorary contract for the Accident & Emergency Department at Blackpool Victoria Teaching Hospital. Tara's areas of interest include the delivery of health promotion within urgent care settings and acute and chronic long-term respiratory disease management.
Academic Team Lead Pre-registration Adult Nursing Clinical Skill and Simulation School Lead Clinical link and Academic Adviser responsibilities within Blackpool Teaching Hospital and the community sector of Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre.
Tara commenced her Registered Nurse Training in 1991 at Blackpool Hospital, and on qualifying worked in the Accident and Emergency Department. Following she worked in Primary Care and then went on to become a Health Visitor. Tara has been an employee of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) since February 2010 where she has been both a Course and Year Lead.
- MEd, University of Central Lancashire, 2015
- PGCert in LTHE, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
- BSc Community Specialist Practitioner, Lancaster University, 2006. Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- NMC registration for the following: Registered General Nurse
- Registered Health Visitor
- Registered Nurse Tutor
- Public Health
- Urgent and Unscheduled care
- Long-term and Acute Respiratory Care
- Clinical Skills and Simulation
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy