Interpreting & Translation
Have you always wanted to be an interpreter? Interested in business and conference interpreting? Maybe you’re looking for the next step in your languages career? Our MA Interpreting and Translation course could be exactly what you’re looking for.
Why study with us
- This course is enhanced by our longstanding links with the relevant professional bodies and language services providers both in the UK and abroad.
- With 20+ hours of teaching per week (much more than many similar courses offered nationally), you’ll benefit from an intensive learning experience which equips you for seamless transition into the interpreting profession.
- You’ll be taught by staff with extensive experience as professional interpreters. They draw on their experiences of interpreting and translating for international organisations, crime prevention agencies and large multinational companies.
What you'll do
- You have the option of studying either the Interpreting stream or the Translation stream. We currently offer these languages: Korean or Japanese
- You’ll receive training in the use of Memsource Cloud – a complete translation platform which includes translation memory, integrated machine and human translation, and terminology management.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
This course will equip you with the advanced skills and knowledge you need to become a professional interpreter and/or translator.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page