Dr Andrea Taberner has worked in HE for almost 30 years in a number of roles. Before this she trained as a commercial manager for an international retailer and was an active branch manager of a busy London store with over 80 staff for four years. She is a linguist ( BA Hons in German and Spanish, but also speaks French and EFL, TESOL-Trinity certified and British Council accredited) and is a trained secondary language teacher (PGCE). She has an MBA and a DBA. Andrea is currently a course leader for a masters course in intercultural business communication.
As an experienced Senior Lecturer she has given papers at conferences and been published in the International Journal for Organizational Analysis.
Dr Taberner has belonged to AMBA, CMS and has been a Fellow of HEA for some time. Her research interest is around issues relating to the marketization of public sector, especially universities and the HE sector and its impact on the lived experience of academic staff in a post 1992 setting and the nature of their work.
- Doctorate in Business Administration, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Central Lancashire, 2000
- PGCE in German, Spanish, French and TEFL 1992- Birmingham Polytechnic/ DELTA accredited
- BA (Hons) German and Spanish, Bristol Polytechnic, 1988
- The Effects of Marketization on Academics and the Nature of their Work
- AMBA, Fellow of HEA