Maria Dolores Iglesias Mora
María teaches a range of modules for our Spanish and Foundation teams. With particular experience and interest in Blended Learning environments, she has led collaborative projects in relation to the 'hybrid' delivery of Modern Foreign Languages. In recognition to her innovative techniques into her pedagogy, she was awarded the Teaching Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
María is currently working as a Lecturer in Hispanic and Foundation Studies and Course Lead the Foundation Programme of the School of Humanities, Language and Global Studies at the University of Central Lancashire. She has also undertaken research into the use of open educational resources, as well as collaborative tools in blended learning contexts to enhance language learner engagement and autonomy.
María has been working in HE in the UK for over 20 years mostly teaching Spanish language and culture. She has also taught in Spain and Japan. In Spain she worked with corporate clients at the Spanish Ministry of Development, Alcatel and Robert Bosch companies. In Japan, she taught undergraduate and postgraduate university students and collaborated in the publication of a Spanish textbooks and learning resources for undergraduate students. Prior to that, she was a GCSE examiner and also worked as a lecturer in several colleges in the North West of England. She is a Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, holds an MA in Teaching English for International Business from the University of Central Lancashire, and several teaching qualifications. María founded and run her own business, a limited company that offered Intercultural and Language learning opportunities to groups of Spanish language learners, between 2013 and 2017.
- 2007 Blackburn College
- CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- 2003 Sheffield College
- Lettol Certificate (Learning to Teach Online)
- 1997-98 University of Central Lancashire, Preston, Lancashire.
- MA in Teaching English for International Business: Methodology of Language Teaching (ESP), Teaching English for International Business (TEIB), Course & Materials Analysis and Design, Video Production & Applications in ESP, Business Communication in Context, Personal & Organisational Development, Strategic Management & Business Performance, Dissertation: Implications of CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) in Teaching Second languages. Certificate in French
- 1996 International Language Institute, Leeds
- Cert TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
- 1995-96 Instituto de Ciencias de la Educación, Spain
- Teaching Qualification equivalent to Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
- 1995-96 Consejería de Educación, Spanish Consulate, Manchester
- Teacher Training Course for Spanish Assistants/ Teachers
- 1994-95 University of Central Lancashire Preston, Lancashire.
- Erasmus Programme: B.A. (Hon’s) Combined and Dissertation:
- Comparative Study: Mystical Poetry in Spain and Metaphysical Poetry in England during the Renaissance.
- Cambridge Proficiency Certificate in English.
- 1990-95 Universidad Extremadura, Spain
- First Hon’s. Degree in Spanish and English Studies: Spanish Language, and Literature, Linguistics in Spanish and English, Literature Criticism, English Language and Literature/ Escuela Oficial de Idiomas: Proficiency in English
- Open educational resources
- Collaborative tools
- Blended learning environments
- Language learner engagement and autonomy.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy