The MA in Intercultural Business Communication offers an opportunity to develop awareness of international business culture, and provides a critical understanding of the role of communication & society in defining that culture.
Why study with us
- This course raises awareness of theories of communication, culture, language and society and their applications in business interactions.
- The distinctiveness of the programme lies in the focus of the course’s three principal components: Intercultural and communication theories applied to work--related context, engagement with industry practitioners and placements to increase career prospects.
- Our research-active teaching staff bring research of international standing into your classroom sessions and tutorials. More importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to help to develop that research.
What you'll do
- This programme offers both part-time and full-time routes in both theory and practice of Intercultural Business Communication, and research training.
- Have opportunities to engage with and work alongside industry specialists to further improve your intercultural business communication skills.
- Secure professional work placement within the industry, acquiring priceless experience within the field and improving your chances of a successful career after completion of the programme.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
If you’re full-time, you’ll have the opportunity to take on an employability or enterprise project in Year 1 (Years 1-4, part-time) and to complete a UK-based or overseas professional placement in Year 2 (Year 5, part-time).
With an MA in Intercultural Business Communication, you’ll be well-qualified to work in business and management companies, as well as international and local businesses which require intercultural communication expertise. Some recent examples of successful graduates from this programme are:
- Lecturer in Lancashire Business School in Preston, UK.
- Communications Manager in Social Media in Berlin, Germany.
- Manager International at a Tyre Company in Germany.
- Manager for Bosch, in China.
- Trainee Accountant for Insurance Brokers Devere-Acuma.com in Dubai, UAE.
- HSBC Bank, UK
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page