North Korean Studies
Learn about the society, economy, politics and international relations of North Korea with our MA in North Korean Studies.
Why study with us
- North Korean Studies is the only programme with a sole focus on North Korea outside of the Korean peninsula.
- You can choose to focus on either the social science research dissertation or project report based on your internship experience or equivalent, through your dissertation module (KO4900).
- This course provides modules about non-traditional security issues, which will enable you to enter many career paths, including Foreign Ministry, government agencies, journalism related enterprises, international organisations, NGOs and research institutes.
What you'll do
- The course will provide you with a comparative advantage in journalism, diplomacy, international organisations, aid agencies, CSOs/NGOs, and global business through the knowledge gained, not just of North Korea, but of the international relations of East Asia.
- You will be also able to enhance your expertise and deepen your knowledge in development policy and practice in North Korea, while the programme deals with the approach of divided nations and this is reflected in the course so that you have a better understanding of the Korean Peninsula.
- The Institute for the Study of the Asia Pacific (ISAP), the International Institute of Korean Studies (IKSU) and the Northern England Policy Centre for the Asia Pacific (NEPCAP) will provide various opportunities for you to engage in, for instance, international conferences and roundtable discussions.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
On completion of the MA North Korean Studies, you will be equipped to work in a number of employment sectors dealing with international affairs.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page