Asia Pacific Studies
Explore the culture, politics and international role of the Asia Pacific while becoming fluent in language from the region – laying the foundation for a huge variety of exciting career paths.
Why study with us
- Asian Studies at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked top 5 in the UK and 1st in the North West for student satisfaction (CUG, 2022).
- Our Confucius Institute is a partnership between ourselves, Beijing International Studies University and Hanban, promoting Chinese culture and language.
- We’re home to the only Institute of Korean Studies outside London, together with the Northern England Policy Centre for the Asia Pacific, the Northern Institute of Taiwan Studies and the Centre for Austronesian Studies.
What you'll do
- Each year, you’ll study the region’s history, economy and culture, together with modules following your chosen language pathway.
- You’ll have the option of spending a year studying abroad, learning the language and culture through total immersion.
- You’ll study using the latest industry-standard equipment in our professional interpreting suites, together with our Worldwise Learning Centre.
Lynn Everson gives her advice to language students
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
By combining language skills with a broad-based understanding of the region’s culture, economy and politics, our Asia Pacific Studies BA (Hons) course can prepare you for a range of careers in – or connected to – the region.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page