Nursing in General Practice (Top-up)
Are you a registered nurse hoping to become a proficient general practice nurse? Gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours via our BSc (Hons) Nursing in General Practice.
Why study with us
- Our flexible programme enables you to manage Continuing Professional Development around your work and personal life.
- Our course is aligned to the District Nursing and General Practice Nursing: Education and Career Framework .
- Our flexible and unique learning approach allows you to tailor the course to your professional interests.
What you'll do
- Learn about core topics including clinical knowledge and skills, personal and people development, health promotion and long term conditions.
- You’ll develop knowledge and skills which will enable you to meet the needs of current challenges facing general practice, utilising nationally recognised frameworks.
- You’ll enhance your existing expertise and develop new areas of competence in support of your professional development
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
Progression to a postgraduate diploma or Masters in a health related topic will be encouraged by the personal tutor and community team. Additionally, as a student you will be nurtured to publish your research.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Community Health and Midwifery located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page