Want to become a registered nurse with the convenience of practice-based learning within your local healthcare provider? This Practice-Based Pathway into Adult Nursing is workplace-based. You'll spend your placement time learning alongside practitioners and academics in your choice of one of four healthcare providers. You'll be taught theory using a hybrid model of distance learning and face-to-face learning at Preston College.
Why study with us
- On this unique programme, you'll learn in small groups. We combine the delivery of theory and practice within the same week for most of the course, offering an attractive work-life balance.
- The course is split 50/50 theory and practice, incorporating clinical skills and simulation.
- You’ll be taught by Lancashire Teaching Hospitals academic staff.
What you'll do
- You'll make your choice of Home Trust from the following four providers; Blackpool Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, East Lancashire Hospital NHS Trust (Blackburn and Burnley), University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust or Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Preston).
- You'll spend your time in practice, learning alongside qualified practitioners. You'll spend one to two days a week being taught theory by Lancashire Teaching Hospital academics using a hybrid model of either face-to-face learning on campus at Preston College or via distance learning.
- An average week will consist of a mix of theory and practice, ensuring you are always prepared and confident to take your skills out of the classroom into real-life practice.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The BSc (Hons) Nursing with Registered Nurse (Adult) Practice-Based Pathway will prepare you for a career as a registered nurse at your chosen local healthcare provider. During your course you'll build relationships with existing practitioners and students on your course, preparing you for a rewarding and successful career as an Adult Nurse in your local community.