Designed for nurses wishing to further their knowledge within the context of General Practice, our MSc Nursing in General Practice offers an innovative learn as you work approach, which means you can study at your own pace whilst continuing your professional practice.
Why study with us
- This programme utilises the RCGP & RCN (2015) ‘General Practice Nursing Competencies’ framework which allow the student to address the wide range of skills, knowledge and behaviours required of a fully proficient general practice nurse.
- Choose from catalogue of modules focusing on practice nursing skills such as long-term conditions, acute management of patients, treatment room skills, leadership skills and non-medical prescribing.
- You’ll also receive an introduction to postgraduate research.
What you'll do
- Learn from an expert team. The course team are all qualified in the field in which they teach and hold relevant NMC registration (where applicable). Each member of the team has their own specialty and is involved with publishing their work.
- A major strength of the MSc Nursing in General Practice course is the expertise of staff in facilitating shared learning across a range of community disciplines. This leads to the discussion of common issues and concerns, enabling the sharing of good practice.
- Throughout the duration of this course, you will enhance your existing expertise and develop new areas of competence in support of your professional development.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount