Learn how to safely and effectively deliver quality nursing care with one of the UK's leading providers of health and social care education. After successfully completing our Nursing degree course, you’ll be a Registered Nurse, with all the skills and knowledge you need to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Why study with us
10in the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Children's Nursing) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 8thin the UK for academic supportNational Student Survey (Children's Nursing) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 2ndin the North West for graduate prospectsTimes Good University Guide (Nursing)
- 2ndin the North West for NSS teachingGuardian University Guide (Children's Nursing)
- Our programmes are approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- As a UK student on this programme you'll be eligible for a £5,000 NHS Learning Support Fund. This doesn’t have to be paid back after finishing your degree.
- We are one of the first educational providers in the North West to ensure that you are adequately supported within your clinical experiences by allocating link lecturers to all of the placement areas you will access.
- The University has been awarded the highest independent quality assessment by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education for the design, content and management of our curricula, student achievement and standards of teaching.
Take a look at the 'Escape Room' style activities our students take part in
What you'll do
- The curriculum addresses National Benchmarks and is split between 50% theoretical study - including time spent in small groups with other students who’ve chosen the same field of nursing as you - and 50% practical clinical experience.
- You’ll undertake practical work experience placements, as well as spend time developing practical skills in our clinical skills labs using clinical patient simulators (manikins) and simulation model trainers.
- Opportunities exist for an international experience by taking advantage of the University's extensive links in Europe and overseas. You can also take advantage of other voluntary international experiences in America, Oman, Tanzania and Finland.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I have always felt supported throughout placement and theory, as well as being given opportunities to expand myself as a person through things like being a student nurse ambassador or even school president.
Our Nursing graduates go on to work in a variety of healthcare disciplines and settings and are in great demand.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary