Nursing is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose. As a nurse specialising in adult care, you'll deliver care to people who need immediate help and support in hospitals or community settings.
Why study with us
15in the UK for learning resourcesNational Student Survey (Adult Nursing) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 1stin the North West for career prospectsGuardian University Guide (General Nursing)
- 2ndin the North West for graduate prospectsTimes Good University Guide (Nursing)
20in the UK for graduate prospectsTimes Good University Guide (Nursing)
- As a UK student on this programme, you'll be eligible for a £5,000 NHS Learning Support Fund. This doesn’t have to be paid back after finishing your degree.
- The curriculum addresses National Benchmarks and is split between 50% theoretical study and 50% practical clinical experience.
- We are one of the first educational providers in the North West to ensure that you are supported within your clinical experiences. We allocate link lecturers to all the placement areas you'll access.
- We've been awarded the highest independent quality assessment by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. This is for the design, content and management of our curricula, student achievement and standards of teaching.
Nicky tells us about our Nursing courses
What you’ll do
- For clinical placement experiences, you’ll be allocated to one of several NHS Trusts within the Central Lancashire region as your base and from there, gain experience in a range of placement areas.
- You’ll undertake practical work experience placements, as well as spend time developing practical skills in our clinical skills labs using clinical patient simulators (manikins) and simulation model trainers.
- Opportunities exist for an international experience by taking advantage of the University's extensive links in Europe and overseas. You can also take advantage of other voluntary international experiences in America, Oman, Tanzania and Finland.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
See the course facilities
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Nursing degrees are really hands on and mix academic work with real life, hands on experience. I enjoy the clinical sessions being taught in the University and doing placements in different areas of the field.
Our Nursing graduates go on to work in a variety of healthcare disciplines and settings and are in great demand.
Please note: If you have successfully undertaken the Nursing Associate programme you'll join the programme as a part-time student in Year 2 and a full-time student in Year 3.
Subject to places being available and passing the application process during an interview.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary