Our FdSc Nursing Associate programme provides educational opportunities to enhance your skills, values and knowledge in order to provide holistic, hands-on compassionate care as part of the nursing team under the direction of a registered nurse.
Why study with us
- The trainee Nursing Associate role is proving to be an exciting addition to the nursing workforce. Successful completion of this course will ensure you are eligible to apply for initial registration as a Nursing Associate with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- The course is based on exciting and innovative teaching, utilising technology, superb clinical skills facilities and interdisciplinary education.
- Gain real-world experience with two extensive external placements.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships offer you the opportunity to gain a degree qualification whilst you work and earn money. Degree Apprenticeships offer you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning ,allowing you to work and earn at the same time.
Who is this course for?
The Nursing Associate is a highly trained support role to deliver effective, safe and responsive nursing care in and across a wide range of health and care settings.
Nursing Associates work independently, and with others, under the leadership and direction of a Registered Nurse within defined parameters, to deliver care in line with an agreed plan.
Nursing Associates will have a breadth of knowledge and a flexible, portable skill set to serve local health populations, in a range of settings covering pre-life to end of life.
Working within the sphere of nursing, the Nursing Associate delivers high quality person-centred care across health and social care settings. The Nursing Associate works within all aspects of the nursing process, taking account of the perspectives and pathways of individuals, their families and carers, providing holistic and person-centred care to individuals, supporting the registered nurse in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
What you'll do
- The FdSc programme will enable you to have the opportunity to engage in skills development and simulated learning, allowing you to practise the skills required of a Nursing Associate. It will also enable you to identify where you need to focus your personal and professional development plans.
- Throughout this course your work-based learning will inform your theoretical work and vice-versa.
- The course has been carefully co-designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and professional attributes that will enable you to meet nursing proficiencies as required by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
A regulated Level 5 qualification such as a Foundation Degree or Level 5 Diploma of Higher Education delivered by an institution approved by the NMC to provide pre-registration nursing education.
To be accepted onto this course you must hold a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
Future careers and job role
Successful completion of this course will mean that you have met all the NMC Nursing Associate Platforms, which represent the standards you’ll need to meet when you’re caring for people in a professional healthcare role.
Nursing Associate is a protected title and may only be used by someone on the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
You can register with the government Find Apprenticeship Service to receive updates on all Degree Apprenticeships. Or visit our vacancies page to view our latest job listings.
Information for employers
Apprenticeships allow your employees to combine work and study by mixing on-the-job training with classroom learning. They will be employed to do a real job while also studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our University campuses or training centres.
Benefits to the Employer
- If you wish to upskill managers and senior leaders in project management, business development, intercultural communication or change management, chartered and senior Degree Apprenticeships are a cost-effective way to transform your organisation.
- Develop a professional for your workforce and workplace needs through a Degree Apprenticeship programme shaped from industry-led learning.
- Apprentices can undertake projects which deliver tangible business benefits to your organisation.
This course is based in the School of Nursing located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page