Nursing is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose. As a nurse specialising in adult care, you will deliver care to people who need immediate help and support in hospitals or community settings.
Why study with us
- Academic staff work in close contact with the NHS trust Practice Education Facilitators and the development of these close links with practice partners will enable you to feel confident that your practice experiences are supported throughout your course.
- Our Nursing courses are taught by practising healthcare professionals, in state-of-the-art facilities, along with real-world work experience.
- Learn how to safely and effectively deliver quality nursing care with one of the UK's leading providers of health and social care education.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships offer you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning allowing you to work and earn at the same time.
With a focus on creating professionals that are knowledgeable and experienced, the University collaborates with forward thinking businesses to deliver Degree Apprenticeships that offer a unique environment to nurture and grow the very best talent.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at individual learners who have an interest and passion in becoming a registered nurse (adult nursing). A registered nurse is highly trained to deliver and lead effective, safe and responsive nursing care in and across a wide range of health and care settings.
You will work independently, and with others, under the leadership and direction of a registered nurse within defined parameters, to deliver care in line with an agreed plan.
You will develop a wide breadth of knowledge and a flexible, portable skill set to serve the local health population. You'll soon realise you are entering a profession in which only you set the limits to your potential.
What you'll do
- Your experience on our adult nursing degree apprenticeship will be managed and supported by academic staff from a range of speciality nursing backgrounds and with a vast wealth of clinical experience.
- In addition to the practical experience you will be engaged with, you'll spend time developing practical skills in our clinical skills labs using clinical patient simulators (manikins) and simulation model trainers.
- Take part in exciting and innovative methods of learning through the use of blended learning.
For most start dates, you can complete this course in two to four years depending on your prior qualifications. The modules you'll study will depend on the route you take. Level 4 is equivalent to the standard in Year 1 of an undergraduate degree. Level 5 is equivalent to Year 2 and Level 6 is equivalent to Year 3.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Upon completion of the course you will be a Registered Nurse (RN) (Adult).
Future careers and job role
Our nursing graduates go on to work in a variety of healthcare disciplines and settings and are in great demand.
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
Apprenticeships allow the learner to combine work and study by mixing on-the-job training with classroom learning. An apprentice will be employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our University campuses or training centres. By the end of their apprenticeship, they will have gained the skills and knowledge needed to either succeed in their chosen career or progress onto the next apprenticeship level.
The development of clinical nursing skills takes place alongside skills such as communication, problem solving and reflection. These are key elements of the nursing programme which will aid the development of a critical, analytical and reflective practitioner.
Benefits to the employer
- It’s a great way to address any skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce and retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development.
- If you have a payroll of under £3m, you are not required to pay the Apprenticeship Levy. BUT you can get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 5% - the government will co-fund the other 95% (up to the funding band maximum.)
- Recruit from our pool of bright students with the core skills, knowledge and work readiness to help contribute to your business.