Skip to main content

Moving on

Many of the courses run in our partner institutions provide opportunities either to complete your programme of study, or to study for a higher qualification with us here at the University of Central Lancashire.

What are the benefits?

  • Familiarity: Whether you continue your course with us, or at one of our partners, your awarding body and assessment marking regulations are the same. You will also likely be familiar with the teaching staff supporting your top-up course.​
  • Confidence: Students tell us they are more confident when they begin their studies at our Preston or Burnley Campus, because studying in a partner has prepared them for University life.​
  • Experience: If you choose to move on to our Preston Campus, you will be able to gain the full University experience, and will have the great facilities available at your fingertips!.

Around 400 students choose to move on to UCLan courses each year and you could become one of them!

How to apply

  • Step 1​: View the top up courses available by checking out the Moving On Guide. Here you can search for your current course and view the top up option/s linked to your Foundation Degree, HND/HNC, or Dip HE. If there is a route which isn’t listed, or you have any questions, please email​
  • Step 2​: Download the Moving On Form.
  • Step 3​: Complete the form electronically. Make up to three choices, in order of preference.​
  • Step 4: Submit by email to the University Admissions Team. Please submit your application as soon as possible before the end of the academic year. N.B. if you are Moving On in your partner institution, a different form may be used.​
  • Step 5​: The University will not acknowledge receipt of your Moving On application form, but you may chase the progress of it. A letter or email will be sent to inform you of the University’s decision and to update you on the terms and conditions. Please note: an offer will only be made on one of your three choices. ​
  • Step 6​: You will need to accept your offer of a place with the University.​
  • Step 7​: We will write to you once we have confirmed your final results, providing you have accepted your place on the course. ​
  • Step 8​: Enrol with UCLan at the start of the academic year​.

Please note: This application process does not apply to students who have received an automatic offer from the University.

A small number of courses require a UCAS application. In these rare cases, please visit the UCAS website.

Got a question? Call us on +44 (0)1772 894417, or