Business Administration (Top Up)
Our BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up) course will accelerate your development as a manager and leader. It’s ideal if you’re looking to build on an existing business administration course and gain an honours degree.
This one-year top-up course allows you to gain a full honours degree if you’ve already completed a business administration course which is equivalent to the first two years of a relevant UK degree (such as an HND, Foundation Degree or overseas diploma).
You’ll delve into the study of international organisations, their management, and the changing external environment in which they operate.
Graduates from this course will be well equipped to go straight into an influential management/leadership role.
(This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable us to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.)
Why study with us
- Our Management Studies courses are ranked 1st in the North West and in the UK top 10 for overall student satisfaction – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- We’re also ranked 3rd in the North West for assessment and feedback – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- You can choose from a range of optional modules, tailoring your learning to your interests and career aspirations.
What you’ll do
- You’ll study compulsory modules in Business Strategy, Contemporary Issues in Business, and Personal and Professional Development.
- You can take your pick from optional modules in Business Decision Making, Business Information Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Operations Management. This allows you to tailor the programme to your areas of interest.
- You’ll also have the option to develop your skills in IT, online research, specialist Microsoft packages, and more.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
We are renowned for developing graduates who are highly employable and have strong entrepreneurial skills. With an equal focus on business and management, you’ll be equipped to succeed in a range of business environments throughout industry, commerce, the public sector and non-profit making organisations.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page