On our challenging and practical accredited BSc (Hons) Computing course you’ll examine the application of innovative technology to solve commercial and industrial computing problems.
Why study with us
- This course has accreditations leading to MBCS and CITP exemption from The British Computer Society (BCS), The Chartered Institute for IT. All graduates from this course are eligible to become Professional members (MBCS), with no further assessment.
- A real highlight of the course is our ‘Computing Challenge’, an annual competition where you’ll work as teams to develop a new app and use it in a competitive yet supportive environment.
- After completing your second year you can undertake a 48-week sandwich placement in industry – most are based in the UK, but there are opportunities to work abroad as well.
Discover our Computer Science courses
What you'll do
- No previous computing experience is required on this course. We’ll help you develop all the essential skills you need for a successful career.
- We’ll develop your technical, business and people-oriented skills so that when you graduate, you’ll be career-ready.
- If you’re a part-time student we’ll try to make sure that your timetabled classes are in blocks, freeing up the rest of your time for independent study, work, childcare, etc.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Accreditations and Memberships
- The BCS are the professional body for computing and provide recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS.
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
This qualification can open doors to a huge range of careers and enable you to make your mark in the digital revolution as it transforms every aspect of the world around us.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page