Our BA (Hons) Media and Television Production is an industry-focused course that equips you with the skills, knowledge and experience you need to join the production crews of tomorrow. This newly developed course brings together the University’s long-established successful courses in Media Production and TV Production to give you even more opportunities to develop your production skill set and enhance your career prospects.
Why study with us
- A highly practical course that will allow you to work across a broad range of production contexts, whether a film crew on location, part of a camera crew in a live TV show, recording sound in a multi-track recording studio, or adding visual effects to films in an edit suite.
- Our students have been involved in production work involving, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Author Irvine Welsh and Adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
- Tutors on the course are industry practitioners with many of them still working professionally in Media and TV Production.
Alex Connock gives his advice to our Media students
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- Based in our purpose-built Media Factory you will have opportunity to collaborate with students on scriptwriting, acting and music courses to produce professional real world productions.
- You’ll work hands on in our broadcast standard facilities to create compelling programmes across a variety of platforms.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on major collaborative projects with Industry Partners. Previous projects have included ‘Dr Who Mission to the Unknown’.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
BA (Hons) Media and Television Production - Danny Armstrong's Experience
Our graduates go into successful careers in a wide variety of production roles in Television, Film and new media working for Broadcasters and content producers such as BBC, ITV, SKY and DAZN and for independent production companies creating work for platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
The Royal Television Society Bursary
The Royal Television Society (RTS) is offering a Bursary Award to talented students from lower-income backgrounds with an interest in pursuing a career in television.Find out more about The Royal Television Society Bursary
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary