Management in Tourism (Top Up)
If you’re looking to succeed as a professional manager within the fast-growing tourism industry, then this top-up course is exactly what you’re looking for.
Tourism is currently one of the world’s fastest growing industries. Our Management in Tourism (Top-up) course will develop your supervisory and managerial skills so that you’re ready to succeed in senior roles based in in attractions, cruise ships, airlines, tour operators and tourist destinations in the UK or abroad.
On this fast-track course you can top up your foundation degree or HND to a full BA (Hons) degree in just one year.
Often studying in small classes along with other final year students, you’ll get to enjoy the full undergraduate experience and take advantage of all the facilities our University has to offer.
This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable the University to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.
Why study with us
- Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism courses are ranked 1st overall in the North West - Guardian University League Table - subject ranking 2022.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Management in Tourism (Top Up) is ranked 3rd in the UK with 93% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021)
What you’ll do
- This programme begins with an intensive one-week induction which will give you the chance to meet other students and get up to speed with University life.
- You’ll be allocated an academic adviser who’ll support you and help you to develop your study skills as you progress.
- We keep most class sizes small, so your tutors will get to know you individually.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
Many of our graduates are now working for large international organisations. The skills you develop on this course will equip you for management roles across the thriving tourism, events and hospitality industries.
We have strong links with employers including Merlin Entertainments and Cruise 118. Students have recently secured roles at British Airways, Cruise 118, Co-op Travel, P&O, Hilton and many others.
Other than working for large corporations, many of our students set up their own business, taking advantage of the entrepreneurial module which is offered as an option on this course.
We also make sure that our programme develops transferable skills, so that you are not limited to tourism, if the world’s biggest industry is not enough!
Other students decide to carry on to our popular master’s programmes.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page