You'll love our Games Design course if you want to design the games you play. From the start, you’ll be designing and developing games, from design and animation to digital modelling.
Why study with us
- Games Design at the University of Central Lancashire is accredited by Unreal Academic Partner Program.
- This course is ranked 1st in the North West with 83% of students satisfied with the student experience (Times Good University Guide 2021).
- Many of our graduates are now well-respected games designers and artists. In a variety of high-profile companies in the games industry.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Games Design students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
A day in the life of a Games Design student
Discover cJAM Media, our networking event for students
Games Design gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on live projects with companies, adding a real boost to your CV.
- You are encouraged to operate as a games designer. And given the creative freedom and necessary skills to develop your own ideas.
- We have an established visiting Industry Speaker programme. Which includes Lead Designers, 3D Artists, QA, Production and Technical Artists from AAA and independent game development studios.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff & chat to students.Book your place
Games Design course facilities
BA (Hons) Games Design - Elliot Platt's Experience
- The course is part of the Unreal Academic Partner Program. Which recognises UCLan’s provision of experienced staff and high-quality resources. As well as our commitment to excellent student experience in preparation for their future careers.
Future careers in Games Design
Our alumni have gone on to work for a variety of highly successful games companies. For example TT Games, Warner Brothers, Ninja Theory, Team17, Sumo Digital, Naughty Dog, Riot Games, Playdemic and Rebellion.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page