Our award-winning Fashion Design degree has a credible reputation within the fashion industry. We are renowned for producing successful graduates who go on to become creative and innovative designers.
Why study with us
- Fashion and Textiles at The University of Central Lancashire has again been ranked 2nd in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2022).
- Design Studies at the University of Central Lancashire is ranked top 20 in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021).
- Our Fashion degree courses are ranked in the Top 80 of the Best Fashion Schools in the World for 2020 (CEOWORLD Magazine).
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Fashion Design students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Hear from Fashion Alumni Tiwi Ndoro
Fashion Design Degree Show01 / 06
What you'll do
- We have strong relationships with over 150 global brands. This means we can help you to secure placements with top designer companies.
- You have the option to complete a work placement in the third year or move directly into the final year and complete your degree in three years.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on briefs that have outcomes linked to your career aspirations and build an impressive portfolio. As well as working on live projects for real clients, and compete in national and international competitions.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Fashion design course facilities
- We are delighted to announce our British Fashion Council membership. Founded in 1993 to create an interface between education and industry, the BFC Colleges Council represents the leading fashion departments in universities and colleges throughout the UK. This membership enriches our student’s experience and creates additional industry opportunities though an annual programme of events and high profile competitions. The British Fashion Council joined forces with the Saturday Clubs Trust to support our Fashion & Business Saturday Club and we have been fortunate to have secured many high-profile Saturday Club Masterclasses through our BFC connection.
- When size? established links with higher education, one of the immediate goals of size? syllabus was to approach and get involved with the very best fashion and creative arts talent in the UK, so we were made up with the addition of UCLan, with officially one of the best fashion departments in the UK, to our size? syllabus programme. The main aim of the Syllabus is to impart industry level standards, learning and practice in a live brief format to students, who are then given the support and tools from size? to respond. At size? we want to unearth the next generation of creatives and by offering this platform in the form of size? Syllabus we believe students involved stand the best possible chance of making their way into the industry, able to utilise the invaluable learnings taught during their time answering the Syllabus briefs
Future careers in fashion design
Our graduates have gone on to have great careers in the fashion industry. We have alumni working for top international brands. Including Burberry, Iris Van Herpen, Preen, Lou Dalton, Whistles, Boohoo, M&S, Matalan, and Ted Baker.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page