Our practical Photography degree will help you develop into a multi-skilled practitioner. With a critical and vocational awareness of photography and its role in society.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Photography is ranked 7th in the UK with 90% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021)
- You’ll have an opportunity to study abroad in Year 2. As well as the chance to go on a range of sponsored international trips.
- We are extremely proud of the range and quality of academic staff. Some continue to work with top London agencies.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Photography students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
A day in the life of a Photography student
BA (Hons) Photography Sam Cook
Photography Degree Show gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- You'll work to live briefs, giving you constant contact with industry. Additionally, you'll have scope to work to live briefs in the area of photography you wish to work.
- You’ll make full use of our excellent photography facilities in the Media Factory. Which include three studios, two Mac suites, a high-end scanning room, three large darkrooms. And a post-production room for print mounting and bookmaking.
- Each year, our Photography students produce an end-of-year publication.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Photography course facilities
On our BA (Hons) Photography course you'll develop strong critical, creative and technical abilities. Providing you with the skills to work in photography or as part of the wider creative industries.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page