Business & Management
Our BA (Hons) Business and Management degree aims to shape the next generation of inspiring leaders. Develop your understanding of how organisations operate and the importance of effective management.
Why study with us
- Our Business, Management and Marketing courses were first in the North West for teaching and feedback scores. (NSS, 2023 and GUG 2023).
- You'll have excellent opportunities for paid work experience and placements with industry-leading companies.
- UCLan is the top university in the north of England for producing start-up businesses (Tide, 2021). Launch your own business with support from Propeller, our student enterprise service.
What you’ll do
- You’ll get opportunity to work on live business briefs. Solve issues or capitalise and develop opportunities.
- Take part in study exchanges throughout the world. This can be in any of the education institutions we have partnerships with.
- Are you a budding entrepreneur? Take advantage of our enterprise support through Propeller. Our very own enterprise and innovation hub supports students to set up their own business.
A day in the life of a Business and Management student
Brittany Shorrock – BA (Hons) Business and Management
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
Hear from our alumni
Business and management facilities
- We've been awarded the Small Business Charter (SBC) in recognition of our commitment to supporting student entrepreneurship, small businesses and the local economy. The SBC is an award for the UK’s world-class business schools.
Future careers in business and management
We develop graduates to become highly employable and have strong entrepreneurial skills.
With an equal focus on business and management, you’ll be ready to succeed in a range of business degree jobs. From industry, commerce, the public sector and non-profit making organisations.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page