Social work involves engaging with not only service users themselves, but with their families and friends, as well as working closely with organisations including the police, local authority departments, schools and the probation service.
Study Social Work01 / 02
Saresh Mohammad, Usman Ahmed, Nicola Harris, & Saana Mohammed - MA Social Work
My experience has been amazing, allowing me to do many new things and meet people and memories I will cherish forever.
Why choose us?
- Our Social Work provision is ranked 1st in the UK for graduate prospects (on track) and 2nd in the North West for research quality, (Complete University Guide 2024).
- As a student on our BA (Hons) Social Work course you will benefit from 170 days of practice placements and 30 skills delivery days.
- Recently, BA (Hons) Social Work students have travelled to Amsterdam, Cyprus, Toronto and Krakow, visiting other social work institutions.
Gallery01 / 03
What can I do with a degree in social work?
After graduating, you can register as a social worker with Social Work England.
Recent graduates have successfully gained employment in social work teams. These have been in a variety of settings. They have worked with parenting and family support teams, youth justice, community drug and mental health teams. Some graduates return to us to undertake post-qualifying courses. Experienced practitioners also continue their academic study with us.
Studying social work could lead to a future career as a:
- Family support worker
- Social worker
- Advice worker
- Education mental health practitioner
- Equality, diversity and inclusion office
- Special educational needs coordinator (SENCO)
Explore the facilities
Meet the team
Zoe teaches across child-related undergraduate and postgraduate courses within the School of Social Work Care and Community. Her teaching focuses on theories of childhood and inclusion, reflecting her research interests. Zoe's research to date has focused the transitional experi…
Fiona joined the School in January 2020. She previously worked for 7 years as an Associate for us within the Further Education sector. Fiona has experience in working within the Children, Schools and Families sector, having worked with children and young people aged 0-19 and thei…