Dr Mary Drummond
With a particular expertise in Social Policy, Housing and Homelessness, Mary teaches across a range of subjects within the School of Social Work, Care and Community.
Mary contributes to a range of modules in both the BA Community and Social Care: Policy and Practice, MA Social Policy and BA and MA Social Work. Mary also acts as an academic advisor and Dissertation tutor to BA Community and Social Care: Policy and Practice students and MA Social Policy students
Mary has extensive experience of working in the Voluntary Homeless Sector and Local Authority Strategic Housing, in which she worked closely with marginalised individuals and communities often ‘less heard’ in the development and implementation of housing and homelessness provision. This experience has significantly informed her teaching and academic interests. Prior to undertaking her PhD at the University of Central Lancashire, Mary was employed in Adult Social Care Commissioning Services as Service User and Carer Involvement and Consultation Lead. In 2011, Mary joined the teaching staff at the University of Central Lancashire.
- PhD Social Policy, University of Central Lancashire 2014
- MSc/PGDip Housing Policy and Practice, The University of Salford 2001
- BSc Social Policy 2002
- Social Housing
- ‘Rough Sleeping’ and complex needs
- Urban Development
- Poverty and Welfare Conditionality
- Social Theory
- Political Ideology and its application in Social Policy analysis
- Critical Realism
- Discourse, language and power and its implications in practice
- Participatory Action Research.
- Member of the Social Policy Association
- Member of Housing Studies Association
- Affiliated Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing