Susan teaches across a range of subjects on the professional social work programmes. Her particular areas of interest and expertise are working with adolescents; interpersonal skills and relationship based practice.
Susan has been involved with the social work programme since 2011 teaching across the across BA and MA courses.
Susan is a registered social worker and former counsellor. Prior to joining Uclan she worked for the PCT as an Emotional Health Practitioner for young people, spent a number of years as a manager in the 3rd sector working for The Children's Society, Action for Children and developed and managed a young people's counselling and support centre in Leeds. Before qualifying as a social worker she worked for Greater Manchester Probation Service in residential services.
- Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (Level 6 DTLLS), Bolton University 2011
- Certificate in HE Teaching Toolkit, Uclan ,2005
- Graduate Diploma with Merit in Counselling, Leeds University, 1997
- MA Social Work, Hull University, 1994
- BA (Hons) Combined Studies (English Literature/Sociology), Oxford Polytechnic, 1989
- Registered Social Worker - Social Work England
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy