Fiona joined the School of Social Work, Care and the Community in Janurary 2020 having previously worked for 7 years as an Associate for The University of Central Lancashire within the Further Education sector. Fiona has experience in working within the Children, Schools and Families sector, having worked with children and young people aged 0-19 and their families over her career. Fiona is an experienced lecturer, from teaching 16-19 year olds at college level to adults completing Foundation and Honours Degrees to having taught trainee teachers on the 16+ PGCE. Fiona is an active member of her local community, volunteering as a school governor and as Run Director for a local Junior Parkrun. Fiona is currently working towards her Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Fiona works within the team at The University of Central Lancashire's Princess Way Burnley Campus, teaching on a variety of modules over years 1, 2 and 3 of the Children, Schools and Families Degree.
Fiona has published in the Through the Looking Glass Journal which supports trainee teachers and has since been asked to work as an editor for the journal. Fiona's Masters research focused upon supporting adult learners, particularly focusing upon the barriers faced by female learners in Burnley and the local area.
- MEd Professional Practice in Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- PGCE (Lifelong Learning), University of Central Lancashire, 2015
- BA (Hons) Education and Professional Studies, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- SW1601 - Development Across the Life Span
- CI1502 - Learning for Work in Children's Services: Introduction
- SW1602 - Transitions in Children and Young People's Lives
- SW2600 - Children's Services and Systems 2
- SW2601 - Safeguarding Children and Young People
- CI2008 - Diversity and Inclusive Practice with Children and Adults
- CI3699 - Dissertation
- Social Construction of Gender
- Inclusive Andragogy
- Impact of Poverty
- Benefits of Exercise