Professional Development & Practice
If you’re a professional working in the fields of social work and social care then our MA Professional Development and Practice course offers you the ideal opportunity to enhance your knowledge and advance your career.
Why study with us
- On this course you’ll be encouraged to critically reflect on and review your professional development with a view to enhancing your performance and service delivery.
- We’ll provide you with learning opportunities to explore complex challenges, current issues and new evidence-based practice research.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems, and act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks at a professional level.
What you'll do
- You’ll develop your capacity to critically evaluate key theoretical knowledge, law and policy in relation to social work and social care practice.
- You’ll also develop your skills in planning, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Towards the end of the course you’ll have the chance to undertake an in-depth research project in your specialist area of practice.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Explore campus, discover our facilities and talk to academic staff and students about the courses you want to study at our Undergraduate Open Day. Join us on campus on Sunday 16 October.Book your place
View the course facilities
Completion of this course will enable you to advance your career across the social care and social work professions.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Social Work, Care and Community located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page