Medical Sciences (Foundation Entry)
Our foundation entry course in Medical Sciences is a ‘gateway’ course which will prepare you to progress onto highly competitive graduate entry medicine, dental therapy, physician associate or pharmacy courses, as well as other professional programmes.
Why study with us
- This is a gateway route offering a core science foundation programme specifically designed to give you the best chance of graduate entry into a health related degree or career.
- This unique course focuses on both academic achievement and training in clinical and communication skills.
- Potential progression to more than 10 different professional health degrees
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- You’ll be taught at our fantastic Burnley Campus in an innovative environment, with state-of-the-art models, imaging and a 3D virtual dissection table
- You’ll be taught in classes with high staff to student ratio, allowing for individualised learning and support.
- During the foundation year, you’ll be supported with finding voluntary work or work shadowing opportunities in related settings to assist you with your future study choices.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
This foundation entry programme will prepare you to progress onto our full honours degrees. Following this, the clinically-relevant scientific knowledge acquired on our BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences degree will prepare you as a highly competitive candidate for entry onto graduate entry medicine, dentistry, physician associate, pharmacy and other professional study programmes.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page