Physician Associate Studies
The integrated Master’s in Physician Associate Studies provides an exciting opportunity for you to become a Physician Associate, a medical associate profession, combining university study with practical work-based placements.
Why study with us
- A unique programme, the first of its kind in the UK that leads to an integrated undergraduate master’s degree and ability to practice as a Physician Associate.
- Our School of Medicine is ranked as the Top Medical School in North West England (The Guardian University Guide 2021)
Gallery01 / 04
What you’ll do
- Employability in the NHS for qualified PAs, once you have passed the National Exam as well as the programme at university, is currently 100% as demand is far in excess of supply.
- 50% of the final two years of the programme is spent in clinical environments. These clinically based placements will help to illustrate how teams work within the NHS.
- Develop a career in the medical team, providing direct medical patient care.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Employability in the NHS for qualified Physician Associates is very strong, and demand has historically exceeded supply.
As a PA you will have the opportunity to work in a number of medical specialties, and also have opportunities in research and academia.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page